As we reported at the annual meeting, the application deadline was extended to February 1. We received a number of applications and have met to review them. In addition, we developed a series of written questions for candidates that are continuing in the process. Although we can’t share their names or responses, we do want to share the questions we asked.
1. How would you describe your own spiritual journey and your calling to the Episcopal Church?
2. What attracts you to the dean’s position at Gethsemane Cathedral?
3. What is your take on where the Episcopal Church is going and how does this affect your ministry?
4. Describe to us your approach to preaching.
5. How do you make decisions about worship?
6. What do you want us to know about your own professional goals?
The next step in our process is to conduct phone interviews and learn more about the candidates, and allow them an opportunity to learn more about us. We are hoping to complete the phone interviews by the end of February, or beginning of March. We are excited to take this next step in the process and welcome your questions, comments and prayers as we continue on the journey to identifying our next Dean.
Dean Search Committee: Mark Harvey and Patty Shook, co-chairs
Carol Erickson, Dick Bailly, Jill Machayya, Joni Bertel, Lori Tiongson, Sean Burt, and Terry Overbo